8.22.2009

Top Ten - beauty

This is my top ten list of can't-live-without beauty products. I have tested many brands, but these work the best for me. Some of them are tried and true that I have been using for years and won't ever give up...others are fairly new to me but I know I will continue to use them for a looong time!


1. Body Shop Coconut Milk Body Lotion
This smells fantastic. I use it every day before I leave for work and after every shower. It leaves my skin feeling very smooth. The best part is that it's in a pump/spray bottle, so it's easy to apply and very light.

2. TRESemme Tres Two hairspray
I am a firm believer in minimal use of hair products. Other than shampoo and conditioner, this hairspray is the only hair product I use. After I wash my hair I don't use anything before drying and straightening, I find my hair cooperates much better without it. When I curl my hair (which is most days) this spray does a fantastic job and keeping it in place all day, without making my hair feel like there is product in it. Props to Paish for pointing this one out to me!

3. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion
Best.face cream.ever. Enough said. I've actually heard this is the most popular and best selling brand of moisturizer internationally. I believe it.

4. Benefit High Beam
I believe all of you have seen this product in action. I won't leave the house without it on.

5. MAC Select Cover Up
More than I want to pay for concealer but worth every penny. Does a great job of hiding under eye darkness.


6. Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker
I have been wearing this perfume daily since it launched in 2004. I love it and I cannot forsee a time in the immediate future that I will stop wearing it. It's light and fun, appropriate for both day and evening. If it stops being produced anytime soon I will need to stockpile it for sure.


7. L'Oreal Clean Definition Telescopic Mascara
Hands down best mascara ever. I have long eye lashes and it works perfectly for me without making them look ridiculously and inappropriately long. Perfect not-too-thick brush!


8. MAC Paints in bare canvas
This product solves the problem of eyeshadow staying put. When applied to eye lids in TINY portions before eyeshadow, it holds the shadow all day without causing it to fade or crease, regardless of what kind of eyeshadow you are using. Love!


9. Benefit Get Even Powder
Since I began wearing make up in my teens, I have had the constant problem of finding a powder that works with my skin. For some reason my skin doesn't seem to want to hold a powder, and shortly after application my skin would be tired looking. Benefit Get Even has solved my problem! It works great to make my skin look much more even and covers up blemishes and discolouration perfectly. I recommend. It's worth the $32. Thanks to Callah for this one.

10. Bonne Belle Lip Lites in Crystal Clear
Last but certainly not least. This tried, tested and true product is an oldie but goodie. Works with any type of makeup application, day or night, on it's own or overtop lipstick for a glossy, iresistable look. I love the smell of it. It reminds me of BR. I can't tell you how many tubes of this little gem I have gone through in my life time.

6 comments:

Veronica said...

i dont know what high beam is..

Anne-Marie said...

High beam is a face brightener. The has a brush that looks like nail polish when you open. If you apply a couple of drops high on your cheek bone and right under your eyebrows on your brow bone it will give you a fresh, luminescent glow all day!It changed my life!

Anonymous said...

It's so true v, highbeam is amazing. if i look happy - it's mostly cause i'm wearing high beam, lolol.

i also looooove tres semme and bonne bell lip gloss. i may also try mac paint and lovely!!

Veronica said...

i wish i knew anything about makeup.. or doing my hair. i feel like a boy when i read your guys' blogs.

Shawna @ My Nails Did said...

Ahh you bought the powder! I forgot to leave it behind and now I'm too late apparently lol. Glad you love it though! V- how you feel about makeup is how I feel about clothes looking at your blogs. I suck lol.

Anonymous said...

i agree with the clothes comment from callah but i'm trying