8.10.2009

Not enough hours in the day...


I can't put down "The Time Traveler's Wife". I went to Chapters yesterday and bought it. To my slight chagrin, the barista at Starbucks saw me holding it after I purchased it and told me it was "okay, I guess, but it's really confusing and hard to get in to".

This naive sixteen-year-old discouraged me to the point that I did not pick up the book and begin reading it until about 7pm this evening. I'm glad I didn't wait longer. I can't stop. I should have started earlier. I am already pleased with my decision to read it before seeing the movie.

Full review to follow when I am done. I anticipate that being sometime early tomorrow AM. So, in like, 2 hours.

4 comments:

Shawna @ My Nails Did said...

Mine is in the mail! So much cheaper to buy stuff online, a few at a time. I saved $15 on 3 books and got free shipping... love! Don't give too much away in the review!

Shawna @ My Nails Did said...

P.S. let's make a movie date for this. this sunday or next weekend? email me!

Anonymous said...

i cannot believe we posted about this on the same day! that 16 year old is an idiot. it was likely beyond her, intellectually and experience wise. i wish we could see it together!!

oh, i should mention though that the part when clare clare is about 21/22 and henry is about 30 - it goes on for awhile and gets just a little slow - but keep on truckin' because the ending is amazing.

Shawna @ My Nails Did said...

lol and I got mine in the mail today. (sorry, gotta get in on this). And was GOING to post about it but it's totally redundant now haha!